Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Mailbox Monday

I found this too-cute-for-words mailbox on an awesome craft blog: Maya Road Design Team. You really should check it out. The design member who created the mailbox also has her own blog, again filled with some amazing crafts. Visit her blog, Katie Bee Creative. I am going to be checking back often because there are projects I want to make for Christmas gifts.

Here are the books that showed up in my mailbox this week.

A Brutal Telling by Louise Penny (one of my favorite authors!) - This book came from LibraryThing as part of the Early Reviewers program. I feel so lucky to have my named picked to receive this one, but I this is book 5 in the Inspector Armand Gamache series and book 4 will be released tomorrow. I preorder #4 but it hasn't arrived yet. Will have to read #4 before reading and reviewing The Brutal Telling. Such fun!

The Knight with the Lion: The Story of Ywain by John Howe - I purchased this one. It's been on my wish list for some time. I don't remember who recommended it. I need to keep better notes!


The Big House by George Howe Colt - This book came from good friend, Les from Lincoln. Thank-you so much, Les. I love the cover of this book and am looking forward to reading the stories soon.

Thanksgiving at the Inn by Tim Whitney - An ARC from Bancroftpress. My thanks to Harrison Demchick for sending this.



Travel Writing by Peter Ferry - This ARC came courtesy of the author. After reading just three pages I can tell I'm going to like this one a lot. Very creative, fun and I understand there's a mystery, too. My kind of book! Looking forward to reading this one.

12 comments:

Anna said...

Travel Writing looks good. Happy reading! My mailbox is here.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Iliana said...

Oh you are lucky - I love Inspector Gamache. I can't wait to read your review!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

That is too cute. I have A Brutal Telling and The Big House; both look good --enjoy!

Cath said...

The Cover of The Big House is *so* beautiful. I'll have to look that one up to see what it's about. Also Travel Writing... am curious to see if that is fiction or a non-fiction travel book - if there's a mystery I assume it's fiction.

serendipity_viv said...

I want that mailbox! I love the cover of the Big House and I am feel all festive with all these Christmas books coming out.

Teddyree said...

You got some great books, I have fallen in love with that mailbox pic. I'm a scrapbooker and cardmaker, will have to check out if you have a scrapping blog?
Have a great reading week :-)

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Great mailbox. I got Thanksgiving at the Inn too. It looks great.

Zibilee said...

Awesome mailbox today! Quite a few of these books look interesting to me. And I do really like the cover of The Big House as well. Happy reading!

Framed said...

These books look wonderful. I just wrote a blog where I decided not to add any more books to my list. Jeez, that's impossible isn't it? I'll have to check out that craft site. Who do you have for Christmas anyway?

Thoughts of Joy said...

I really like the Penny series. I have The Brutal Tellling on my ARC Shelf and hope to get to it soon! I think her books have gotten better as they go along. Both #3 and #4 received a rating of 4.25/5 from me and I'm anticipating nothing less from #5. :)

Les said...

I hope you enjoy The Big House better than I did! If anything, it motivated me to write down some of my memories of family vacation homes, much to the pleasure of several relatives who read my review. Guess it wasn't a complete waste. ;)

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

OK, I'm laughing at myself now! I left a comment on your Mailbox Monday for 9/7/09 saying "you might like THE BIG HOUSE"

I guess you're on your way to reading it! I thought it was a wonderful memoir. My family doesn't have an ancestral home on the shore, but I connected with his idea of personality of a home.