Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Unread Authors Challenge

I was on vacation when Sycorax Pine announced her Unread Authors Challenge. It runs from September 2007 through February 2008. The Challenge is to read 6 books by authors you have never read before. There are so many books on my shelves by authors I haven't read yet, so I should be able to do this and read some of the books glaring at me. I've decided to read books by 6 different authors.

1. Lily Dale: Awakening by Wendy Corsi Staub
2. Book of Atrix Wolfe by Patricia McKillip
3. Eye of the Needle by Ken Follett
4. Random PassageBy Bernice Morgan
5. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Morrell by Susanna Clarke
6. Colony of Unrequited Dreams by Wayne Johnston

To find out what others are reading check out the blog Sycorax Pine made just for this blog. It's called Unread Authors.

9 comments:

Gentle Reader said...

This sounds like a good challenge. I just signed up for the Outmoded Authors Challenge, maybe I'll sign up for this one, too...

jenclair said...

I like the fact that this challenge forced me to read some authors that I've said I wanted to read, but had not gotten around to actually reading! Just how many challenges are you participating in right now?

SuziQoregon said...

Interesting list - I've only heard of two of those. I haven't read Susanna Clarke's book. I've read several by Follett, but not that one. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of these.

Sycorax Pine said...

You are more than welcome to join belatedly, Booklogged! Would you like to be added to the Unread Authors blog contributors list as well? If so, just send me an email address, and I will have an invitation off to you ASAP.

By the way, what a great list (of which I have only read the wonderful Jonathan Strange)!

raidergirl3 said...

Did you get Random Passage when you were in Newfoundland? I liked that book, and I just read her newest book, Cloud of Bone.
Isn't Jon Strange and Mr Norvell huge? It scares me by its size, and, it's a peril of its own for the RIP II this year.
I think I bought Eye of hte Needle myself and haven't read it yet. I bought it because I loved Pillers of the Earth

Bookfool said...

I've read three of those authors (Staub, Follett, Clarke) and the rest I've never heard of. So, I'll be looking forward to learning about them, when you review.

Stephanie said...

You are killing me with all these challenges!!

I haven't posted it yet, but my son Chad drew your name for my book giveaway!! If you would email me stoland at ameritech dot net with your address, I'll send it out to you!

Robin said...

That's a great list! The only one I've read is The Eye of the Needle, a long time ago but I remember enjoying it.

Lotus Reads said...

Thank you for letting us know about this challenge booklogged, this is one I could easily do, I think! Let me mull over it a little more.

I like your list....the Susanna Clarke and Wayne Johnston ones are chunksters, true?