Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Two Challenges Finished

When I finished reading Brainiac I completed the TBR Challenge and the Non-fiction Five Challenge.

It was a long, long time ago that I picked out my books for the TBR Challenge - I couldn't even find the post with my original list of books. I wanted to see if I read all the originals or if I made any changes along the way. Oh well. Here's the list I did read:

  1. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
  2. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
  3. I Am the Messenger by Mark Zusak
  4. Pardonable Lies by Jacqueline Winspear
  5. At Some Disputed Barricade by Anne Perry
  6. Brainiac by Ken Jennings
  7. Flowers for Algernonn by Daniel Keyes
  8. Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
  9. Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
  10. House of Spirits by Isabelle Allende
  11. Booked to Die by John Dunning
  12. The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards

The only one I didn't care for was House of Spirits. Numbers 4 and 5 I read to further my progress in two different series I was into. (Still am.) Book 11 started me on another series. All in all, some really good books.

I was able to find my original list of books to be read for the Non-Fiction Five challenge. I posted this list on March 7, 2007. At the top is the original list and after that are the books I actually read.

I didn't read the original numbers 1, 2, and 3. In addition to numbers 4 and 5 I read

  1. My Grandfather's Blessings by Rachel Naomi Remen
  2. My Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz

Any that I disliked? No, I liked them all.

I can't believe how rewarding it is to finish a challenge and take a few minute to review the fruits I've reaped in the process. Worlds of information and hours of entertainment have been mine as a result of stretching beyond my cozies and suspense novels. Thank-you, Mizbooks and Joy for hosting this challenges. I have loved doing them and look forward to another go around.

I have learned that Mizbooks will be hosting the TBR Challenge again in 2008. Hurray! I have sooooo many books piled on my shelves and a bazillion more on my TBR wishlist at LibraryThing. I'm trying real hard to read mostly from my shelves this year, so this challenge is going to help me do that.And Joy will be hosting a new challenge starting in January 2008 called The First in a Series Challenge. So fun! I own the first book in 11 series, so this challenge is going to be just the thing to get those read. I have my mind set on 3 other series that I'd like to read. Here's hoping the library has those.


11 comments:

Joy said...

Glad you enjoyed the challenges, Booklogged! I hope you get a chance to read The Five Love Languages; it's a good one. Congratulations on a job well done. :)

Bookfool said...

Congrats on finishing the challenges. It sounds like you really enjoyed your reading. I can get in touch with Jenn of Literary Cache, for you. She's on one of my listservs.

Tristi Pinkston said...

I had a hard time getting into Booked to Die. I don't know why that is, but for some reason it just wouldn't work for me and I gave it up. (I have an impatient nature like that)

MizB said...

Congratulations on finishing those challenges!

And, just FYI, you can always reach me through the new TBR Challenge blog.

(sorry for "disappearing")

There's also the Yahoo! group for the TBR Challenge. ;o)

<>< Mizbooks

Gentle Reader said...

Congrats on finishing those challenges! Looks like you did some great reading, and have some good reading ahead for your next challenges, too...

Cassie said...

Wow! Good job on reading all those books. I'm actually going to be starting the 5 Love Languages for my book club here shortly.

MizB said...

Glad you'll be joining us again for the 2008 reading year!

<>< Mizbooks of
The TBR Challenge

Heather said...

You're so good to have finished them!

Framed said...

Whew, two down and how many to go??
I'm doing well not to join any new challenges until the end of the year but I'm keeping a list for the ones I want to join in January. Looks like I need to add a couple more.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations on finishing two of your challenges. It's so funny but it is such a good feeling isn't it? We are such bookworms :)

Lotus Reads said...

Fantastic! Congrats on completing the challenges, Booklogged! I don't know how you do it, I have failed miserably at the challenges so far!