Pages

Monday, September 10, 2007

Celebrate the Author Challenge

Becky's Book Reviews is hosting this cool challenge.

This is a twelve month challenge (January 1, 2008 through December 31, 2008).

I'm going to try to choose books that have already have. I really need to quit mooching books faster than I can read them. Then there's all those books I've bought and still need to read, not to mention the ones from the library.

  • January: Shannon Hale (Austenland or Book of a Thousand Days)
    alternatives: Jasper Fforde, Wilkie Collins, Isaac Asimov, Philippa Gregory, Diana Gabladon

  • February: Patricia McKillip (Book of Atrix Wolfe)
    alternatives: Elaine Konigsburg

  • March: Lois Lowry (Gossamer)
    alternatives: Patricia MacLachlon (Sarah, Plain and Tall), Dr. Seuss, Carl Hiassen, John Irving

  • April: Jacqueline Winspear (Messenger of Truth)
    alternatives: Terry Pratchett, Barbara Kingsolver

  • May: Arthur Conan Doyle
    alternative: Jodi Picoult

  • June: Pearl S. Buck (The Good Earth)
    alternative: Helen Keller

  • July: Dean Koontz (The Darkest Evening of the Year)
    alternatives: Robert Parker (Family Honor), Joanne Harris, Anna Quindlen

  • August: Orson Scott Card,
    alternative: Sharon Kay Penman (The Queen's Man)

  • September: Taylor Caldwell (Grandmother & the Priest)
    alternatives: James Hilton (Random Harvest), Elizabeth Peters, H.G. Wells

  • October: Lynn Flewelling (The Bone Doll's Twin)
    alernatives: Geraldine Brooks (Year of Wonders), Anne Perry, Joan Clark, Wendy Corsi Staub,

  • November: L.M.Montgomery (Anne of Avonlea
    alternatives: Margaret Atwood, C.S. Lewis, Madeleine L'Engle, Neil Gaiman

  • December: Charles de Lint (Yarrow)
    alternatives: Anne Patchett, Jane Austin, Avi, Kipling

5 comments:

Heather said...

I really interesting challenge idea! I wish I had more time to join in!!

Stephanie said...

Ack! I'm having such a horrible time resisting challenges...and I really like the sound of this one!! I'm running away now!!

Becky said...

I'm so glad you're joining in the fun! Your list looks great. :)

Cath said...

This is a different and interesting challenge. Hmm. I have two to finish for this year and only one - The Cardathon - for next... so I'll think about this one. It hasn't taken me long to get hooked on challenges. LOL!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Both YA authors Beverly Cleary and Marguerite Henry (did I spell her first name right? It's been a long time!) have April birthdays, too. What a great reason to read Ramona again! :D