Pages

Friday, August 24, 2007

What a Terrific Day!

After work today I get this sweet little message from EMILY at Lost in the Pages: YOU WON! A message like that goes a long way. I won 3 books from her Library Thing AND I got to choose the books. Here's what I chose:
1. Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn
2. First Among Sequels by Jasper Fforde
3. The Constant Princess by Phillipa Gregory

And if you're not already thinking that Emily is a very NICE person, let me tell you SHE IS. She didn't just draw one name out of the hat (that was me), she drew out two names. Kristie from Kristie Loves Books also won 3 books of her choice.

You should click on Emily's link and read about her mishaps at the Toby Keith concert. Very funny.

The other thing that made my day was how great my kids were today in school. Yesterday I felt like quiting. Yesterday was only the 2nd day! Today they were charming and I fell in love with everyone of them. There's only 7 right now and they are all in foster families. Life isn't always easy for them, but each one has special gifts that they are trying to use to make their lives better.

I've retired from teaching science so I'm only a 1/4 day teacher, which means I teach only one period a day. It's a rough life. I have to be to school by 1:00 and class is over at 2:10. For me, at this point in my life, it's a wonderful job.

And tonight I'm going to do measure and find out how many inches I've lost doing water aroebics this last week. I've attended 4 times now. I have 3 daughters living in town and they go, too. They get a big tickle out of their old, fat mom sticking to it for an hour. They also think it's pretty neat. I do too.

Can you blame me for relishing in the wonderfulness of the day? Besides the weather is ideal - clear, blue skies, temps in the 70's. Who could ask for more? Hope y'all or yous (as they say in PEI) have a terrific weekend.

12 comments:

Myke Weber said...

Have you been drinking Dr. John's Cod Liver Oil?

So glad you had a great day!!

Alyson said...

How exciting! I love to win things. I think it is so great that you go to water aroebics! I wish I lived close enough to go with you guys. You guys are all going to be in good shape. I guess I better start working out too so I can keep up.

Marg said...

Congratulations! Good choices!

Maaja Wentz said...

Happy back-to-school to you too. In Canada we start after Labour Day (note spelling).

I've had my own battle with the bulge this year and I must recommend anything in water. You never get injured! Good on ya.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh wow, that's awesome! So sweet of her to give those away and how great that you won! I love winning things, especially books. You made some great choices there :)

Kudos to you on the water aerobics, hope it's paying off and you're enjoying it.

Have a great day!!!

Kristie said...

Congratulations to you too!

I am starting my student teaching in a week and a half, and I already want to quit! I am so overwhelmed by it all! I have subbed and love it, but am daunted by all of the planning, etc. But once I get my feet wet, I am sure I will love it! I subbed for EI children and their stores were so heartbreaking. Especially once they started asking me to be their mom and take them home. I got depressed because there was only so much I could do to help them, especially since I was only their sub (though I was quite a bit.)

Booklogged said...

Candleman, only if you slipped in my diet Coke! If so, how 'bout some more tomorrow?

Alyson, I wish you could go with us, too. We've sure increased the size of their classes.

Marg, Thank-you!

Cereal Girl, that sounds like a much more sane time to start school.

Stacy, it took a long time to get looking like this, but I wanted to be skinny in only a week of exercise. In my world that's the way it's going to be!

Kristie, oh, I remember those dog days of student teaching and the first 5 years of teaching. You'll probably be a faster learner and you'll be sailing through after only 2 or 3 years. All the best to you. What grade or subject will you be teaching?

Carrie K said...

Great prize, great day!

Maybe that's exactly why your English teacher suggested MM, to stretch your reading boundaries. I still have to read it myself.

Melissa said...

How fun for you to win. :)

Sounds like you have an interesting job = I salute teachers and the work that they do.

Melissa said...

How fun for you to win. :)

Sounds like you have an interesting job = I salute teachers and the work that they do.

Kristie said...

I am doing my student teaching in a fourth grade class. I guess this is an interesting group of students, so we will see on Tuesday. I have subbed a lot, so I kinda know what to expect, but I am still nervous.

Lotus Reads said...

Booklogged, congratulations, I am SO GLAD you won! Will definitely have to check out Emily's blog, you always have the most excellent recommendations.

You will have to let us know how you enjoy 'The Constant Princess", I love historical fiction, especially when it concerns the English Royal family!